Southwestern Adventist University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone number 404-679-4501) to award: Associate, Bachelor, and Master degrees.
In addition, the University is currently accredited by the following accrediting bodies:
- Adventist Accrediting Association of SDA Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
- Texas Education Agency
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Southwestern Adventist University is fully approved by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas, 333 Guadalupe #3-460, Austin, TX 87801, 512-305-7400.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Southwestern Adventist University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791
The University is a member of the following:
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
Southwestern Adventist University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, disability, race or ethnic origin. The University President is responsible for compliance. The University believes the interpretation and implementation of all government laws and regulations are subject to constitutional guarantees against unreasonable entanglement with or infringement on the religious teachings and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Any regulation or change in regulation adopted by the Board of Trustees or the faculty at any time shall have equal authority as the regulations printed in this bulletin or the student handbook. Each student is responsible for knowing and observing the regulations of the University and is responsible for fulfilling the requirements for his or her degree as defined by the University Bulletin.